Friday 18 August 2017

Stampscape - 4 brayered scenes and a bonus scene

Welcome to the jungle, Once upon a midnight dreary, Sea of wonders and Serenity - a moon series of four stampscape cards on ordinary inkjet glossy photo paper, this time with the brayered backgrounds. 

On an ordinary photo paper is almost impossible to achieve the nice smooth layered background that Kevin Nakagawa shows in his lessons. But it is quite easy to us a brayer and ink pads to cover the entire background of the image with one or more colors. For these new 4 cards I finished this week I used Distress ink pads in a muted tones - Antique linen, Old paper, Ice spruce, Tea dye and Brushed corduroy and I tried to stay with these colors and their combinations till the end of work, just with the addition of black and white. 

These card should be also a mix of Stampscapes stamps and other stamps from my collection to find out how they work together :0)

Because I did not think about these scenes in advance, I let the  final colours of the backgrounds to inspire me, I did not masked my moons, although the moon and the architectural parts are at the end the connecting elements of this card set.
All the moons were stamped separately on the photo paper and collaged on the cards, after I decided about the composition of the images.

For the coloring were used the ink pads and inking tool, but also the Distress markers, although I struggled sometime with smudging, because these dye based markers were so wet that they smeared the images stamped with black Memento ink or black Tombow marker I applied directly to the stamps to achieve a deep black and crisp images on this photo paper (Tombow marker and black Sharpie paint pen were also use for overpainting where the black was not black enough and white gel pen, Sharpie paint pen and white pigment ink pad for the lights).

On the other hand due this smudging there are some interesting effects and I also discovered how interesting could be to use a clear Tombow marker on this paper  :0)

I like this cards, this kind of monochromatic stamping is a completely new animal to me and I enjoyed every moment and every challenge that has arisen before me during their creation. My favourite is a Sea of wonders, but for you it could be of course another one...if you want, let me know which one it would be :0)

And this set has also a bonus card - Around the world. This card started in a same way as others, but for the coloring I used also my alcohol markers. They don't smudge the stamped images at all so the final colors of this card are much brighter. Alcohol markers also glides a bit on the photo paper leaving an effect on the background again. Therefore this piece is a bit different and does not fit completely to this series.

Thank you for stopping by and hopefully see you next time again :0)


17.8.2017 Stampscape cards - Welcome to the jungle, Once upon a midnight dreary, Sea of wonders, Serenity...


17.8.2017 Stampscape bonus card - Around the world


1 comment: