Friday 18 August 2017

Stampscape - how to save a scene

This stampscape on ordinary inkjet glossy photo paper is an example how can be saved a card which seemed to be a complete disaster :0)

After my first 4 stampscape scenes which started as a background and test of the paper options - I wanted to try a reverse technique. I started with a black ink stamping. Unfortunately I overstamped my card, so the foreground was too dark and there was no space for the lighter spots, whole card was tooo black and definitely was not a seamlessly stamped. Then I started with coloring - a day scene with blue sky and water, grey mountains and rocks and green woods etc. But the colors did not match together at all, overstamping was still visible and everything looked too flat :0(

In that moment I decided to change a day scene to a night scene. If the card is already so dark, it could be even darker and without green trees - I over-painted them in black - the blue tones united all the card. And there was a great space for darker tones and of course great white highlights - the light coming from the rising moon which I made with a gel pen, a Sharpie paint pen and white pigment ink and the cotton buds. 

Final result is not perfect at all, but believe me, it is much much better than at the beginning. So my conclusion is, that it is not necessary to throw away the scenes you don't like, but you can always try to continue to work on them and at the end, the result may even pleasantly surprise you :0)

11.8.2017 Stampscape scene - No such a disaster



No comments:

Post a Comment