Saturday 9 September 2017

Stampscape - sealing the scene

This post is just a short notice about the sealing of the scene stamped on the glossy cardstock. 

When I do a Stampscape scene on a regular glossy cardstock mostly I have the problem with final intensity of the colours. It does not matter what brand of the ink pad I use for the colouring of the scene (Distress, Memento, Hero arts inks etc.), at the end the cardstock changes them somehow and the colours become quite dull. Only exception seem to be thinner Marvy inks, I bought recently, but with those I did not experiment enough yet :0) 
Kevin Nakagawa of Stampscapes stamps recommend to put a good  layer of lightest thicker ink first, so every other layer of the thicker or thinner inks will slide more easily on the surface of the card and the application will be much smoother. He says that if your first layer is juicy enough, the other colours will stay much more vibrant at the end...

But sometimes the cardstock is pretty stubborn and nothing helps, so he also recommend to use spray sealers at the end to bring back the colours vibrancy. I don't like these sprays, the smell is not good and they are not very environmentally friendly, I think. 

Fortunatelly recently I found the great solution. I found somewhere that the sealers like micro glaze from Ranger or JudiKins should work. And it is totally true. They are basically the clear waxes, so I think that any other craft waxes like Shabby from ToDo could be used also. After you finish all your work, just apply the thin layer of these products on the card with a cotton cloth or your fingers and the colours are back and your black is dark again :D. And if you apply it gently and don't rub too hard, even the white gel pen highlights will stay untouched, but sealed on your art piece  :0)

Here is just one card I made as a test. And maybe this article could help you with the decision whether and how to seal your scenes on glossy cardstock if you are not totally satisfied with the outcome :0)

Have a nice day and see you next time :0)

30.8.2017 Stampscape Ranger Microglaze sealed landscape





No comments:

Post a Comment