Sunday 29 October 2017

Creative week 12 - "Just a dream"

Hi, how are you today? :0)

Today it is "Just a dream" - another art journal page from my Seawhite hardbound 7.5"x7.5" (ca. 20x20 cm) journal. 

This page is an experiment. I used this page as an underlay paper sheet when I framed the edges of my last journal with a brown Distress ink and a blending tool. I turned this page many times during this process, so I ended up with a quite interesting background patter of overlapping "squared or so" shapes.
I found out, that I see three Egyptian pyramids in the final pattern and that was a beginning...so I just accentuated them a bit and added the Nile - as a brown patterned stripe - and other elements, the waterlilies and a quote from Art journey stamps and a older boat stamp from my stash, to create a dreamy atmosphere of this page. Milky Way and other stars were created with water-diluted gesso and a tooth brush. And at the end I highlighted a few bigger stars with white paint pen.

I used Vintage photo and Peacock feathers Distress inks for the background, Potting soil Ranger archival ink (stamped few times with my Misty tool) for the stamping, Ground espresso Distress markers for darker details and a border and a few (mostly in a range from creme to brown) Derwent Coloursoft pencils to colour the elements and the moon...

So that's it for today, thank you for stopping by and see you next time :0)

29.10.2017 Just a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment