Thursday 16 May 2024

Art journal page - All aboard?

Hi and welcome :0) Today I have a big art journal collage page (28x28 cm / 11"x11") and it is my entry for Simon Says Stamps Wednesday challenge Use Patterned Paper.

I started with sea themed patterned paper for my background, I distressed the edges a bit and coloured them with Vintage photo Distress ink. I added smaller pieces of another patterned paper as a background for my crew member pictures and also distressed them. Then I created the central pergamen map when I played with brown colored patterned paper and the same brown ink. I fussy cut the rope frame and shaded it with a gray pen and a black liner pen. All other elements are from the Kate Curry´s  Cut and Collage Ocean life ephemera book vol. 4 and Navigation ephemera book. They are on the black cardstock to make them more sturdy and framed with black pen. I created my scene and finished it with some white splatters muted with the brown ink and a quote. To intensify the colours and to protect the papers I covered everything with Lascaux Satin matt acrylic medium. It is very liquid, but it does not smear the images at all and the brown ink just slightly.

Thank you for your visit and see you next time :0)


16.5.2024 All aboard?








No comments:

Post a Comment