Sunday 11 November 2018

Creative week 17 - "It doesn't have to be Halloween"

Hi and thank you for your visit again :0). As I promised last time, here is a new art journal page from my Seawhite hardbound 7.5"x7.5" (ca. 20x20 cm) journal. 

I think that Halloween is not the only day or night when witches make their magic. I had this idea in my head for some time , so I'm very happy with the final page :0). Especially because of the alcohol markers colouring I did this time - it is really not my cup of tea .0). I used ShinHan Touch Twin alcohol markers and Spectrum Noir alcohol markers together with white and black gel pens. 

I stamped all my images from an awesome "Witch way is the candy" stamp set from My Favorite Things (just the nice broom is from Chocolate baroque) with Memento Tuxedo black ink pad and enhanced the black lines after colouring with Memento Tuxedo black marker. 
Background is a combination of Distress sprays - Seedless preserves, Faded jeans and Chipped sapphire - and water. For white droplets I used white gesso mixed with water. The more is the gesso diluted, the more the droplets obtain the colour of the background from Distress sprays before they dry, so the white of the gesso is not so shiny at the end. It is also possible to use the same colours of Distress inks over the dried page and muted the white dots with them as I did. 

This page is also my entry to the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge.

Thank you for your visit and see you next time :0)


10.11.2018 It doesn't have to be Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment