Saturday 24 November 2018

Alcohol inks journal - "Just dance like no one's watching"

Hi and welcome :0). Today I would like to share my new DIY disc bound alcohol inks 8"x 8" (ca. 20x20 cm) journal. 

These DIY journals are highly popular these days and I saw some awesome ones on Youtube. It is a perfect option for my alcohol inks background on Yupo paper. I wanted to try the alcohol inks on this surface for such a long time and I finally found enough courage to do it and I'm very happy I did it :0)

I splashed an Alcohol inks blending solution from Ranger on the clean Yupo, than dropped in some colours of alcohol inks (blending solution makes them movable easily and longer), blow them around with a straw and let them dry after I was satisfied with the mix they've created. Because alcohol inks can be a bit sticky on the places with higher concentration of colours, I used this feature and rubbed metallic foil over these spots, so the foil become a part of the background. The dryer the inks are, the less of the foil will stick on the page.

I was so thrilled, that I've created 7 backgrounds at once, with different colours and foils :D I hope I will use them all for my new art journal.

First page is full of ballerinas from Hunkydory and Visible image dancing in the moonlight and I only regret that it is almost impossible to show, the silver foil on the page, it is really wonderful effect :0)

So that's it for today, thank you a lot for your visit and see you next time :0)


20.11.2018 Just dance like no one's watching





No comments:

Post a Comment