Thursday 28 April 2022

Art journal page - It's raining men

Hi and welcome back :0) Today I have a big 11"x 12"  (ca. 28 x 30 cm) art journal page for SimonSaysStamps Wednesday challenge "Anything goes". 

I planned this page for a previous challenge, but I did not find enough time for it and I'm very happy that I have another chance to use this idea I like so much :0)

For a long time I wanted to use this Umbrella man die from Tim Holtz and finally this dream came through. I was inspired by the words of one famous song and here it is :0)
 
For the background I use a piece of my old jeans and applied black-blue irridescent acrylic paint through an Altenew Thunderstorm stencil on it. For the focal points I utilized some of my very old DCWV patterned papers and hand-drawn the umbrella. I found a very nice alphabet die in my stash and also covered all hearts with a Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal glaze, so they are shiny and more dimensional. 
I need to say that when I finally started with this project it was so easy going one. At the end I spent most of the time by rearranging a pleasant rainbow order of my men :D (second picture shows the page shining in the sunlight). 
 
Thank you for your visit and please leave me a comment if you like :0)

Have a very nice - sunny, if possible - spring day and see you soon :0)


28.4.2022 It's raining men






No comments:

Post a Comment