Saturday 12 November 2022

Art journal page - Don't let your idea disappear

Hi and welcome. This is a new page in my 7" (ca. 17,8 cm) Arteza round art journal :0) 

This page is an entry for Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge "Art Journal".

I played a lot with colours this time. Because it is a waterolour paper it holds a lot of water and I used this ability a lot before I found the colour combination I like ,0) 

I stamped Dina Wakley's tags with black archival ink and I overstamped everything with  Tim Holtz's stamp in different blue shades. Then I took a brush and coloured the tags with blue Distress Spray Stains and framed them with black Dylusions Shimmer spray. For my background I used Victorian Velvet Distress Spray Stain, but I was not satisfied with this colour combo. That's why I overpainted the tags with yellow Distress Stain to create a green shade and the background with black Shimmer spray. For the focal images - a light bulb from Katzelkraft and a bird from Prima marketing - I chose different yellow Spray Stains with a little bit of Victorian Velvet for the shadows. Finally I added some green gems and enhanced every image with a black acrylic pen. 

The page turned out a lot different than I expected, but I still like the outcome :0)

Thank you for your visit and have a very nice weekend :0)


11.11.2022 Don't let your idea disappear



No comments:

Post a Comment