Saturday 19 November 2022

Art journal page - First snowflakes

Hi and welcome back :0). This is a another 6.5"x 6.5"  (ca. 16,5 x 16,5 cm) art journal page, an entry for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge Stencil it and also for bastel-traum.ch challenge #119 Schneeflocken | Snoflakes (#btchallenge119).

For my background I chose blue Distress Spray stains with a silver shimmer spray and stenciled a Tim Holtz's Snowflakes over it with a Stamperia Sparkling white Glamour paste. Then I cut out some snowflake dies - each of them twice from 300 gsm white paper and once from silvery sparkling cardstock very similar to the paste. The shimmer is subtle but very nice in the real life. I glued all three layers together to get a better dimension for my focal images which I coloured with ZIG Clean color brushes pens. I like a lot how detailed are brushes of these markers so I can coloured easily even small images and parts of them. And although they are very juicy, they did not destroy the Bristol paper I used. I also added a black carstock layer under the dinosaurs to make them more visible and used black acrylic pen to re-defined all the stamped lines (they always fade a bit after colouring).  

I'm so happy how this page turned out :0)

Thank you for stopping by and have a nice weekend and see you next time :0)


18.11.2022 First snowflakes



No comments:

Post a Comment