Saturday 26 March 2016

Playful art journal page 6

Today I tried another variation of Versamark and Pan pastel technique background. I have a new 6 Dylusions paints in my stash, so I wanted to see how would they look like in my journal book. When I put these colors in my Dylusions color swatch, I cleaned the foam applicators in my journal. And than I decided to transform this really colorful background in a new journal page :0). I used Versamark stamping (few different stamps at one time) and white Pan pastel over it again. Than I recolored roses with black ink marker. Border, on the other hand, I stamped in black Versafine ink and than put white pastel on it, so the result is more grey now. And the Pan pastel covered the shapes perfectly again. After polishing the page with dry cloth all was perfectly fixed.
There were only two surprises - when I wanted emboss the words under the shoe (clear embossing powder over black stamping), I did not use the baby powder first, so embossing powder covered also the surrounding of the letters, especially the parts stamped with Versamark and covered with pastel. Another thing was, that when I stamped my quote with Versafine, this Versamark/pastel text was still quite visible through the ink, so I went with my black marker over it again. The images of the shoe and owl are also stamped in black and embossed with superfine clear embossing powder, so I could colored it easily with Dylusions sprays in waterbrushes with colors corresponding with background Dylusions paints. I finished the page with white Signo uni-ball pen.

So there it is, a result I like a lot, colorful journal page Nr. 6 in a Seawhite hardcover art journal (25x19 cm / 10"x7.5").

25.3.2016 Playful journal page 6


No comments:

Post a Comment