Thursday 24 March 2016

Playful art journal pages 4 and 5

Another two small art journal pages today. It is mostly about background. I wanted to try a Versamark or Watermark ink technique with a combination with Distress ink pads and Pan pastels.

I need to say, that first trial - Nr. 4 is a quite out of my comfort zone - red color for the background and green (complementary color) leaves in foreground, that is definitely not my cup of tea. On the other hand I wanted something a little bit romantic what would fit with my background Vintage alphabet stamp. Unfortunately this time I did not the technique correctly and the final result was not according to my expectations, so I also used some stencils to finished it. But I like a lot the watch and squirrel :D

Second trial - journal page Nr. 5 - is much much better :D. I like it a lot. I used Distress ink pads, stamped the lattice background stamp with Versamark ink, spritzed the page with water and dried it with heat tool and paper towel. I used Distress ink pads again a little bit to softened some lighter spots. Than I stamped the leaves and applied the white Pan pastel with Distress foam applicator. The result was magical, especially when I burnished the whole page with dry paper towel, so the Pan pastel was fixed on the stamped places and the colors became a little bit more pastel. Finally I used this technique again with music notes stamps. For the image I wanted to use a one layer technique, so I stamped Gorjuss girl stamp, masked it with low tack paper mask and stamped a beautiful tree stamp from Chocolate Baroque over it. The tree stamp was originally bigger and there were two birds, but i masked them out with masking tape before stamping and than I used just a part of the stamp, so it is narrower now :0)

For both pages I used Seawhite hardcover art journal again (25x19 cm / 10"x7.5").

20.3.2016 Playful journal page 4



23.3.2016 Playful journal page 5


No comments:

Post a Comment