Thursday 21 September 2023

Art journal page - Bloom and Shine

Hi and  welcome again :0) Today's page is still in my 6" x 8" (cca 15 x 20 cm) Hahnemühle journal book. and it is a second entry for Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge What is your favorite color?.

Another of my favorite colours is blue and I really like this Lindy's Stamp Gang magical's Dragonfly Denim. I like Lindy's colours, but you need more layers to obtain really dark colour, because they dry much lighter than they look after the application. Especially when you use more water for your technique.

This time I started with the combination of the Dragonfly Denim spray and Have a Scone Heather Lindy's magical shaker applied with a brush. Than I used two stencils from my stash and Distress Micro glaze to create a resist and applied these two colors over it again few times. The outcome was nice, but too subtle. So I decided to add swirl die-cuts from Tim Holtz coloured with these two colors, but this time with more Heather's violet pink. My focal point is again from Etsy and I'm happy how the finished background contrasts with yellow flowers :0)

Thank you for your visit, feel free to leave me a comment and have a very nice end of the week :0)


21.9.2023 Bloom and Shine



1 comment:

  1. A magical background for the beautiful girl image. Fab page. X

    ReplyDelete