Saturday 28 May 2016

Art journal page - Lost and found and lucky in art

Simple A4 (cca 8.5" x 11.5") journal page with an interesting accident :0)

I wanted to use a gel medium transfer technique. I found a few pictures of hot air balloons in the news paper, so I played a little bit with the background (Distress paints and Silks acrylic paint) and transferred the pictures on, but the paper was too thin and distressed a lot during the revelation process and kept quite dull. Therefore I decided to re-colored the pictures a little bit more and used alcohol markers. I started on the big balloon with red marker, but it became clear soon, that it was not my best choice - the result was horrible :0) No problem - I covered both balloons with Dylusions black paint and stamped and stenciled the background with black archival ink. At the end I used white Dylusions paint to stamp with it on the balloons. Surprise, surprise - although the big balloon was completely covered with black, the red marker "soaked" through the paint and become visible on the white paint as a pastel version of the original strong red marker color :0o.... Very unexpected effect :0) But it can be useful, so I decided to share this journal page with you :0)

Enjoy your creative experimenting and have a very nice day :0)


20.5.2016 "Lost and found and lucky in art" 


No comments:

Post a Comment