Sunday 15 May 2016

Playful art journal page 10

Another "simple" art journal page with topic "Tempus fugit / Time hurries" :0)

Background was made with Dylusions Dirty Martini spray - I love this color - and Peeled Paint and Iced Spruce Distress inks. I just played with some of Tim Holtz stencils and a little bit with ghosting technique. And a new stamp from Stampendous - A hare in a hurry - is so cute :0) Colored with alcohol markers and distress ink. And also with shimmery Twinkling H2O watercolors. It was for a fist time I used them and I'm very happy with the outcome. Instead of Ranger Archival ink Jet Black I used Hero arts Hero hues India Ink Black dye ink, which should be also archival, fade resistant and good to use with both alcohol markers and watercolors and I'm very satisfied with it. It is dark enough and there was no smudging with any colors I used with this ink. Definitely thumb up :0)

Unfortunately I had the same problem again I have with most of my journal pages recently. I want to make just easy pages and enjoy the creating, so I'm trying not to have any preliminary idea about the final page. No focus image, no quote. So I always start with a background and add some border ..... and I love the result so much, that I have a sooo hard time to find something to fit with it. E.g. this time I had a great checkered border and and I twice changed the colors of it and colored it black at the end, because I did not find any way how to connect it with the rest of the page. I need to say that it is really, really frustrating for me :0D...
Maybe I should have one journal just with background pages, perhaps with some quotes... .0). But I feel there is a danger in it....I don't want to end up doing just the backgrounds .... hmmm, what a dilemma :D

Anyway, enjoy today's page and I would appreciate any your comment.... e.g. how would you solve my problem with too cute backgrounds :0) 

14.5.2016 Playful art journal page 10


No comments:

Post a Comment